STAYING CYBER SECURE WHILE WORKING REMOTELY
Many companies due to weather, road conditions or present pandemic choose to work remote. Cyber security is paramount while away from the physical office space.
The following are rated as the best safety practices for remaining Cyber secure:
1) Save your work as you lock your computer; applicable for personal and corporate
2) When finished all work REMEMBER to log off ALL apps.
3) Use a STRONG password to protect your business cell phone.
4) Be ever ALERT to info asking to CLICK or REPLY. Be sure it is LEGITIMATE.
5) REFRAIN from opening unknown irrelevant links or messages.
6) CALL and VERIFY any request from your manager.
7) DO NOT allow any REMOTE IT support without verifying with your business IT
8) AVOID all pop up numbers. DO NOT CALL.
9) ALWAYS run antivirus software keeping your subscription current. UPDATE and
REBOOT your computer REGULARILY.
COVID-19 TEXT SCAMS
The following tips alert you to text scammers:
1) Government NEVER communicates via text.
2) DO NOT text STOP or NO to prevent text. It is a ploy to confirm the validity of your
3) THINKING your text message is REAL? Be sure it is directing you to a legitimate
4) Do your own research finding out if the organization or agency exists. Contact by
5) If you encounter a SCAMMER help yourself and others by reporting them to
We at BONSE BONSE Real-Time Bookkeeping whether at the office or working remote seek to work the WEB in SAFETY.
Friday October 16, 2020
Written by: Sally Cooper
Reference: Better Business Bureau